The Wings of Carolina Flying Club is proud to host the Opposing Bases 200th Episode Fly In.The fly-in will be held on Saturday, October 23rd. Food by Taqueria El Azteca will be available from 11am. The episode recording will start at 1pm. More information about the event is available on the Opposing Bases website.
This page provides helpful information for attendees flying or driving to the event. Raleigh Executive Jetport (TTA) is an uncontrolled field, so aircraft operation will be at the discretion of individual pilots in command. The suggestions below are meant to keep everyone attending “on the same page” and to promote a safe event.
- Aircraft can park on the ramp in open spots.
- WCFC requests that attending pilots avoid parking in the 15 southernmost tie down spots on the ramp. Club aircraft will be coming and going frequently throughout the day.
- If the ramp is full, aircraft can park on the grass across from the southernmost T-hangars.
- All parking is at your own risk.
With the US Aircraft Expo using much of the north end of the ramp, only two entrances to the ramp will be able to reach the WCFC facility on the south end. Attending pilots are encouraged to pay close attention while taxiing to avoid a “head to head” situation, especially on taxiway A between A1 and A2.
Map of the ramp
Take US-1 to exit 76 for Farrell Rd.
- If you are coming from the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area on US-1 south, turn left at the top of the exit ramp.
- If you are coming from Sanford on US-1 north, turn right at the top of the exit ramp
Rod Sullivan Rd. will be the first left around the bend.
As you near the airport you will go over a railroad bridge. Immediately after the bridge make a sharp right turn and follow the access road along the fence.
The “Wings” gate is about 1/4 mile down the access road on the left. Go through the gate and enter the parking area before you reach the club building.
- Do not drive past the club building or enter any other taxiways. Taxiing aircraft ALWAYS have the right of way.
- There is a small stone parking area on the right, across from the club building. Please reserve this area for flying club members who are using club aircraft.
- The NC Forest Service operates several aircraft from the North end of the ramp. Their spots are marked with a red box on the ramp. Remain clear of this area. If their aircraft are operating, please give them priority.
- The US Aircraft Expo will also be at the airport on October 22nd and 23rd, from 10 am to 3 pm both days. A large section of the ramp will be used for static displays and will be closed to aircraft traffic. Be watchful for pedestrian traffic on the ramp. For more information about the Expo, including how to register if you would like to attend, click here.
- Full and self-serve 100LL is available at TTA. Self serve is located next to the Mag Aerospace hangars. Full service fuel can be requested by calling 919-776-2939. More information can be found on the airport’s website.
This information is provided to help pilots unfamiliar with Raleigh Executive Airport with their planning for the event. As always, the PIC is responsible for the safe operation of their aircraft.
This page is not official guidance, and should not be used as a replacement for your instructor, your pilot examiner, the endless book of regulations, your favorite comedian, your neighbor, your spouse, or your cat.