Due to extraordinary interest in flight training and club membership, our waiting list for initial flight training and checkouts has grown to more than fifty people, and our waiting period to initiate training is now several months.
We continue to welcome new members and hope you will consider the club for your flight training or as a flying member, but in fairness we want you to know that you should plan ahead and reach out to the club sooner rather than later.
We are working to expand our training capacity, but we will do so without compromising the safety and quality of our instruction, and so this will take time.
The Wings of Carolina Flying Club is a membership organization. Membership in the Club is open to any interested individual who agrees to abide by our By-Laws and Standard Operating Procedures and who demonstrates an attitude of safety consciousness, courtesy, and service to the Club and to the community.
Aircraft operated by the Club are flown exclusively by Club members in accordance with Club rules and Standard Operating Procedures. Members may fly Club aircraft by reimbursing the Club’s pro-rated costs which are periodically posted by the Club.
When comparing Wings of Carolina Flying Club with traditional aircraft rental companies Wings of Carolina provides:
- On-line scheduling
- Low hourly reimbursement rates for aircraft use
- 24 hour access to the aircraft fleet
- Instructors who are also fellow members
- Hands on maintenance experience with our FAA certified director of maintenance
- Aircraft selection including complex/retractable gear aircraft
- Unmatched insurance coverage (rental agencies typically subrogate)
- A new operations center complete with an FAA certified flight simulator, flight planning rooms, kitchen, shower, runway viewing areas, and a hangar
Beyond access to a fleet of aircraft and excellent instruction, Wings of Carolina also provides a warm social climate. You can get to know your fellow members and swap aviation experiences through our social events such as:
- Club meetings
- Monthly cookouts
- Monthly safety seminars
- Mechanical sessions on the planes
- Club flying trips to aviation destinations(like Oshkosh Fly-In and Smithsonian Air & Space at Dulles)
Whether you have only dreamed of flying and await your first flight or you are professional pilot searching for a fun way to fly you and your family on trips around the country, check us out and see if the club’s fun atmosphere and focus on aviation excellence is a good fit for you.